Thursday, June 23, 2005

Socks and Sandals

While nothing compares to the sight of British Pensioners traveling around Morocco with their socks and sandal combo, I've managed to come pretty close in terms of dorky attire. First of all, I've embraced the bandana, which is always tied around my neck with the knot under the neck of my t-shirt in a quasi-ascot. Secondly, I brought a red Minnesota Twins hat, only to find out I probably own the sole red hat (outside of those Fes hats, of course) in Morocco. Factor in my brightly colored t-shirts, sunglass clips (which I snap on over my normal glasses - admittedly very practical), $7.50 watch from Target, man purse - or "murse," if you will - and my high rise socks with shorts, and you hopefully have a prettty vivid image of me sitting in front of this computer in Akkari right now...
While nothing is egregiously dorky, and hopefully I pull it all off okay, I've hit at least one snag. Have you ever tried flirting with someone while wearing sunglass clips and a bandana around your neck? Take my word for it and don't even bother.

ps - http://www.sandalandsoxer.co.uk/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home