Thursday, June 16, 2005

Stray Cats

One thing that I've had to get used to is the unbelievable number of stray cats in Rabat. They travel in groups around the neighborhood, picking at trash and causing general mayhem - storekeepers spend some time every day shooing them down the street away from their food. The tricky part for me is, as evidenced by my profile picture, i'm a cat lover, got three of them at home (and two dogs). So, especially at first it was difficult, now i've gotten to a point where if I see them, i'll leave out a bit of food, but that's about as much as I can do for them.
Laura, our most... interesting roommate in what we now term "The Real World: Rabat," decided to bring home a stray dog to the apartment. Unfortunately, I wasn't around for it, but supposedly she showed up one day last week with a rather mangy stray dog - that she named Lola. From what I've gathered from the other aiesecers, Lola had fleas, and was rather "aggressive and barky." Lola even went so far as to gnaw on my friend Gabe's leg during one dinner, and even bit Laura rather hard... and she never bothered to check herself for rabies. Anyways, when the moroccan aiesecers discovered the dog, they managed to achieve the impossible - to get Laura to do something she didn't want to do- to get rid of the stray dog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home