Saturday, July 09, 2005

If I Hear "Candy Shop" One More Time...

Since we have a break in the AIESEC conference here, I thought I'd talk a little bit more about the Sports Club. One of the most obnoxious things was the constant, blasting pop music. Gwen Stefani, 50 Cent, Usher, all being played at ear-splitting decibels by these ridiculously loud speakers at an otherwise calm pool. While I'll be the first to admit the merits of hearing "Get Low" when I was down 1-3 in my tennis game there, all the recycled music is too much.

As far as 50 Cent is concerned, all the kids love him here. Seriously. Also, Celine Dion enjoys a status here that one might have found in the states circa Titanic. I can't go into the fucking internet cafe without hearing "My Heart Will Go On." To follow that, here it's perfectly masculine and normal for a man to name Celine Dion as his favorite singer. Hard rock also semi-represents - while Metallica is popular, watered-down posers like Linkin Park are also occasionally heard. Anyways, it's probably time for some AIESEC dances here :/ so I'll get rolling. Cheers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home