Wednesday, July 06, 2005

A Minor Altercation...

Just got back from Lunch with Kamal and Elizabeth - we ate at this place that served skewers and fried fish. On the way back, we ran into a friend of Kamal's, who was by two other guys, one of whom appeared pretty damn drunk. As Kamal was talking to his friend, the guy who had clearly been drinking, after three attempts, managed to slur out "comment-t'appele tu?" I said my name back... three times, before he managed to get some idea of what I was saying. Then, he started asking me about my nationality and started to move towards me, Kamal grabbed him by the arm as he started yelling at me, before I started becoming visibly mad. Kamal dragged the guy back over to the stoop where he was sitting and delivered a few harsh open-faced slaps at the guy, and he managed to be quiet for long enough to say our goodbyes... First time I've been in a situation where I've actually felt the threat of bodily harm (not including crossing the street, driving in cars, etc...).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home